Friday, June 4, 2010

How to store your de-potted NYX eye shadow pans

Hey guys! So in my last post I showed you all my NYX eye shadows, and a lovely girl here on blogger world, Tina, asked me where I stored my NYX eye shadow pans. I thought that showing this could be helpful to many people, as well as her.

This is where I put my NYX eye shadow pans:

               DSC08018

KEEP READING TO SEE HOW I DID THIS!










I used to keep my NYX single eye shadows in a little squared pencil case, but it was very irritating to have to search through it all when I wanted to find a color. So one day I decided I wanted to de-pot all my NYX eye shadow, and I did… It was a very smart move; Now I have all these NYX eye shadows laid out for me, it is much easier to search through and it is compacted well enough for travel.


I recommend everyone to de-pot their eye shadows, especially if you have many of them.

De-potting is very easy, but can be a lengthy process. This blog post is not about de-potting, so I’ll refrain from going into details of how to go about doing it, but I will link a helpful youtube video that shows you how to de-pot your NYX single shadows.  


De-Pot Your NYX Single Eye Shadows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgUPRTEwDBE

So where I put my eye shadow pans, is in a MAC eye shadow palette; They stick because the MAC palettes are magnetized. Though, MAC eye shadows are round, while NYX’s are squared, but there is a way to get around this inconvenience. Most of you have probably seen this method already, but it consists of removing the plastic insert, that separates each pan.

                DSC08023

I’ll link another youtube video, that shows you how to convert your MAC palette, so you can fit any pan that you desire.


Convert Your MAC Palette:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63JRVvH8pp4

Please take note that you can do this to any palette, that is plastic and has an insert. There are many companies out there that sell empty makeup palettes.

Some sites that sell empty palettes are:
www.coastalscents.com
www.auralinebeauty.com/
www.starsmakeuphaven.com


*Those are just some off the top of my head.

So onto the actual storage part about this blog post LOL.

By converting a MAC palette like I mentioned before, you can fit up to 20 NYX shadow pans in it, if you place them how you see below. I tried reorganizing it, to see if I could fit more, but I couldn’t figure anything out : / If you know of a way to fit more, please let me know in a comment : )

DSC08022



What you do,is you de-pot your eye shadow, then you’ll just have the pan left; all the plastic casing will be discarded.

  DSC08025



I also like to remove the sticker from the back of the pot, which contains the number and name of the eye shadow, and glue it to the back of the pan. This way I can still reference to the colors, even though the pot is long gone. Oh and a very important thing you can’t forget, is to glue a magnet to the back of the pan, otherwise it won’t grab to the magnet in the palette, then your eye shadows will all be loose and all over the place. I first glue the magnet to the bare pan, then I glue the label over it. I can keep my shadows magnetized and labeled… efficient!

DSC08027



Then you can just place the pan on the palette, and it’ll hold! The good thing is that you can remove the pans whenever you want, so you can rearrange the shadows if you’d like.

DSC08028



Here I am holding my palette upright and none of the pans fell out!

DSC08029


Well, I hope this helped some of you out at figuring how to store your eye shadow pans, be it NYX or any other brand.

I’ll be coming to you with more posts.. so stay tuned :p

Smiles,
Massiel : )

2 comments:

  1. could you please tell me the diameter (diagonal) of nyx single eyeshadow pan?? i cant find this information anywyere!!!

    thanksss

    ps: love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was curious if you ever considered changing the
    page layout of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
    could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two
    images. Maybe you could space it out better?


    Also visit my blog Green Tea Diet

    ReplyDelete